Amy Dowden – Biography
Amy Dowden – Amy Dowden is a Welsh professional ballroom and Latin American dancer who originally hails from Caerphilly, Wales. She is best recognized for her participation in the television show Strictly Come Dancing, which is shown on BBC One. Dowden was born on August 10, 1990.
In 2017, Dowden became a participant in the series, and in 2019, she served as a finalist in the seventeenth series alongside Karim Zeroual, who is a television personality. Dowden and Ben Jones, who she dances with, have previously won the title of British National Latin Dance Champions. As of the year 2022, she holds the Guinness World Record for the most back-Charleston kick-steps performed in sixty seconds.
Amy Dowden – Biography & Personal Details
|Date Of Birth
|10 August 1990
|Caerphilly, United Kingdom/
|33 years old (As 2023)
|Local High Scholl
|University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
|Dancing, traveling, Listening Music
|Her appearances on the BBC One television show Strictly Come Dancing
Amy Dowden – Family, Relationship and Afair
Amy is the daughter of Parents Gillian Dowden and Richard Dowden.
Dowden is married to Ben Jones, who is her professional dancing partner. Together, the two of them run the Art in Motion dance school in Cradley Heath, which is located in the West Midlands community.
Family & Marital Status
|Gino Gabriela (Ex-Bf)
|In Centimeters –178 cm
In Meters-1.78 m
In Feet and Inches –5’8″
|In Kg –55 kg
In Pounds –121 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
Amy Dowden Career
- Dowden is the first professional dancer from Wales to compete in the Strictly Come Dancing series that is broadcast on the BBC.
- Over the course of the fifteenth season, which aired in 2017, Dowden made an appearance as a professional dancer, partnering with comedian Brian Conley. The competition has progressed to the fifth week for them.
- The year 2018 marked Dowden’s comeback for her second season, during which she was paired with Danny John-Jules from the beginning. The couple’s performance of the Jive to “Flip, Flop and Fly” in week 5 earned them the first 10 score of the series, which was given by Darcey Bussell.
- After losing a dance-off to Graeme Swann and Oti Mabuse, they were eliminated in week 8 of the competition. Their elimination occurred just a few days after sensational charges of bullying were made, with tabloids stating that John-Jules had brought Dowden to tears.
- During the seventeenth season of the show, which aired in 2019, Dowden made an appearance as a professional dancer. He was partnered with Karim Zeroual, who is a broadcaster for the CBBC. During the eleventh week of the competition, the couple’s Jive earned them the first perfect score of the series.
- Dowden was the headlining act for her own tour in 2019, which was titled “Here Come The Girls.” Joining her on the tour were other professional dancers Chloe Hewitt and Dianne Buswell.
- Since 2018, Dowden has also had the opportunity to participate in the Strictly Come Dancing Live! tour. In the year 2020, she embarked on a tour with her 2019 companion Karim Zeroual, which was the first time she had performed with a celebrity partner.
- Dowden had previously revealed that she would be joining Jones for the ‘Dancing With the Stars Weekend’ that would take place in Newport at the Celtic Manor Resort in 2022.
View this post on Instagram
Amy Dowden Social Media Accounts
Amy Dowden Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Amy Dowden Cars Collection:
- Not Known