André Onana – Biography
André Onana – André Onana Onana is a Cameroonian professional footballer who was born on April 2, 1996. He now serves as the goalkeeper for Manchester United, a club in the Premier League, as well as the Cameroon national team.
The year 2010 saw Onana’s entry into Barcelona’s youth system. The year 2015 marked the year that he signed with Ajax, where he went on to win three Eredivisie titles and make 214 appearances. Onana received a free move to Inter Milan in July 2022, and during his one and only season with the club, he was able to win the Coppa Italia and the Supercoppa Italiana.
Additionally, he made it all the way to the final of the Champions League. The following year, in 2023, Manchester United paid an initial sum of £43.8 million to acquire Onana.
André Onana – Biography & Personal Details
|André Onana Onana
|Date Of Birth
|2 April 1996
Nkol Ngok, Cameroon
|27 years old (As 2023)
|Did Not Attend
|Listening Music, Travelling, Cycling and Playing Video Games
|6 September 2016 against Gabon
|Manchester United F.C.
Cameroon national football team
|Coppa Italia (2022–23)
Supercoppa Italiana (2022)
UEFA Champions League runner-up (2022–23)
André Onana – Family, Relationship and Afair
Onana is the son of Parents Adele Onana and Francois Onana. He has a sister Melissa.
As a goalie, Fabrice Ondoa, who is Onana’s cousin, also plays the position.
In May of 2019, Onana made a public statement regarding his status as a black goalie. He stated that he had to exert more effort than his white competitors owing to the misconception that black goalkeepers are more likely to make errors with their performance.
Family & Marital Status
|Dr Melanie Kamayou
|In Centimeters –190 cm
In Meters-1.90 m
In Feet and Inches –6′ 3″
|In Kg –93 kg
In Pounds –205 lbs
André Onana Club Career
- It was reported in the beginning of January 2015 that he will be joining the Dutch team Ajax in the month of July 2015.In the latter part of that month, the move was done earlier than expected.
- In February of 2015, he made his first appearance for Jong Ajax, which competed in the Eerste Divisie. In May of 2017, he renewed his contract with Ajax, which would remain in effect until the year 2021. Another new deal, this one lasting until June 2022, was signed by him in March of 2019.
- The European Union Football Association (UEFA) issued a one-year suspension to Onana in February 2021 after he tested positive for the drug furosemide, which is prohibited.
- During the month of January 2022, there were rumors that he would be moving to the Italian club Inter Milan. In May of 2022, he formally declared his intention to go from Ajax. During his time with Ajax, which spanned seven and a half years, Onana participated in 214 matches across all competitions.
- In January of 2023, he triumphed over his rivals AC Milan to win the Supercoppa Italiana. He also went on to triumph against Fiorentina in May of 2023 to win the Coppa Italia. It was largely due to his contributions that Inter was able to get to the final of the Champions League in 2023.
- Following conversations with the club throughout the month, it was revealed on the 16th of July 2023 that Onana had reached a personal agreement with Manchester United for a five-year contract.
- On October 24, 2023, he made a stop on a penalty kick in the 97th minute of a Champions League play against Copenhagen. The match ended in a victory for his team, which resulted in a victory of 1-0. This victory was his club’s first victory in the competition during that season.
- After a month had passed, Onana was subjected to severe criticism for his performance in the Champions League match against Galatasaray, which ended in a 3–3 draw. He was directly held responsible for Galatasaray’s first two goals, which were obtained from free kicks taken by Hakim Ziyech.
- His performance was described as “a night of suffering for Onana,” who “produced a horror show to undermine much of United’s good work,” according to the BBC. The Manchester Evening News stated that he “carelessly conceded” the first goal scored by Galatasaray, “catastrophically fumbled” the second goal, and was “too easily beaten” for the third goal.
- Former Cameroon youth international player Onana is a former player. In May of 2016, he was selected to be a member of Cameroon’s squad for a friendly match against France.
- When Cameroon defeated Gabon in a friendly match in September 2016, Onana made his debut for the national team.During the third-place match of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, which was played against Burkina Faso, he was seen playing.
- His inclusion in the final team for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Qatar, was announced on November 9th, 2022. He participated in the first match, which was played against Switzerland, but he was removed from the team during the second match, which was played against Serbia.
- Finally, on November 28th, he was eventually kicked out of the tournament by manager Rigobert Song due to a disciplinary issue that was related to disagreements with the coaching strategies employed by Serbia.
- Onana made the announcement that he would be retiring from soccer at the international level on December 23, 2022.
- After a little more than eight months had passed, on August 29, 2023, Rigobert Song called Onana back into the Cameroon squad for a qualification match against Burundi for the Africa Cup of Nations.
- It is Several days later, on September 4, the goalkeeper decided to formally confirm his return to international football by posting a message on social media. In the message, he stated that he had chosen to “stay loyal to my principle, representing with pride a country that deserves our sincere commitment.”
- This was in response to the fact that he had been subjected to manipulation, lies, and abuse of power. Despite the fact that Onana has returned to the national squad, former player Patrick Suffo stated that this does not indicate that there are no issues at all.
View this post on Instagram
André Onana Social Media Accounts
Read More:-Dajuan Wagner Jr. Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Stats, Family, Career & More
André Onana Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$5 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
André Onana Cars Collection:
- Range Rover Sport
- Mercedes-AMG E-Class Coupe