Andrew Wiggins – Biography
Andrew Wiggins – Andrew Christian Wiggins is a Canadian professional basketball player who currently plays for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Wiggins was born on February 23, 1995. The Cleveland Cavaliers used the first overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft to choose him. Prior to that, he had spent one year playing college basketball for the Kansas Jayhawks.
Wiggins spent his childhood in Canada before moving to the United States to complete his high school education. While he was there, he was honored with the McDonald’s All-American title he received. He was voted to the second team of consensus All-Americans while he was playing for Kansas, and then he went on to become the second Canadian player to be selected first overall in an NBA draft.
Andrew Wiggins – Biography & Personal Details
|Andrew Christian Wiggins
|Date Of Birth
|23 February 1995
|28 years old (As 2023)
|St. Joseph Central Catholic High School,
Huntington Prep School,
Hodan Nalayeh Secondary School
|University of Kansas
|Listening Music, Playing Video Games and cooking
|African and Caribbean
|October 29, 2014, Wiggins scored six points in a 105–101 season-opening loss to the Memphis Grizzlies
|Small forward, Power forward
|Golden State Warriors
|Naismith Prep Player of the Year Award (2013)
NBA Rookie of the Year Award (2015)
NBA All-Rookie Team (2015)
Andrew Wiggins – Family, Relationship and Afair
Wiggins was born in Toronto, Ontario, but he spent his childhood in the Vaughan neighborhood of Thornhill, Ontario, which is located close.
Originally hailing from Barbados, he is the son of Mitchell Wiggins, an American who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA), and Marita Payne-Wiggins, a Canadian who competed in the Olympic track and field competition.
Stephanie, Angelica, and Taya are Wiggins’ sisters, and Nick and Mitchell Jr. are his brothers. Wiggins does not have any additional siblings.
Nick, his middle brother, played collegiate basketball at Vincennes University, Wabash Valley collegiate, and Wichita State University. Mitchell Jr., his oldest brother, played college basketball at Hillsborough Community College and Southeastern University. Nick was his middle brother.
Family & Marital Status
|Brother-Mitchell Wiggins, Jr., Nick Wiggins
Sister-Angelica Wiggins, Stephanie Wiggins, Taya Wiggins
|Daughter-Amyah Wiggins, Alayah Milan
|In Centimeters –201 cm
In Meters-2.01 m
In Feet and Inches –6’7″
|In Kg –89 kg
In Pounds –196 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-42 inches
Waist Size-32 inches
Biceps Size-15 inches
Andrew Wiggins College Career
- On May 14, 2013, Wiggins stated his intention to attend Kansas. Prior to the announcement, he had reduced his options down to North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, and Florida State University. In 2013, Wiggins became a member of the Kansas team on June 19th.
- On January 13, 2014, Wiggins became only the second freshman in the last 15 years (together with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist) to amass such stats in a victory over a ranked opponent. He scored 17 points and collected 19 rebounds in the victory over Iowa State, which resulted in a score of 77–70.
- Over the course of his first year at Kansas, Wiggins had a scoring average of 17.1 points per game (ppg), a rebounding average of 5.9 per game (rpg), and a three-point field goal percentage of 34.1%.
- On January 22, 2014, the Los Angeles Athletic Club announced that Wiggins had been selected as one of the Top 25 Finalists for the John R. Wooden Men’s Player of the Year award by the organization. Announcing his status as one of the ten semi-finalists for the Naismith College Player of the Year award took place on February 28.
- In the game against West Virginia on March 8, 2014, Wiggins scored 41 points, which was the highest number of points scored by a rookie in the Big 12 Conference since Michael Beasley scored 44 points against Baylor in 2008.
- On March 31, 2014, Wiggins stated his intent to participate in the 2014 NBA draft. On June 26, 2014, he was selected first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the draft.
- He became only the second Canadian player to be selected number one in the draft, following in the footsteps of Anthony Bennett, who had been selected first overall an entire year earlier in the 2013 NBA draft, also by Cleveland.
- On August 23, a trade involving three teams was finalized. The Cavaliers, the Minnesota Timberwolves, and the Philadelphia 76ers were the three teams involved in the transaction. During the course of the transaction, Wiggins and Bennett were transferred to the Wolves, along with Thaddeus Young, who was a member of the Sixers at the time.
- Wiggins made his debut in the National Basketball Association on October 29, 2014, and suffered a season-opening loss against the Memphis Grizzlies by a score of 105–101.
- As a result of his outstanding performance, he was awarded the title of Rookie of the Month in the Western Conference for the first two months of the season.
- During the game against the Chicago Bulls on November 7, 2015, Wiggins scored a game-high 31 points, leading his team to a 102–93 victory in overtime.
- A couple of days later, he tied his career high with 33 points in a victory over the Atlanta Hawks by a score of 117–107. This victory allowed him to record consecutive games with 30 points for the first time in his career.
- Due to a bruise in his right quadriceps, Wiggins was unable to participate in the game that the Timberwolves played against the Toronto Raptors on October 24, 2018. This was only the second occasion in his career that he could be considered inactive.
- The most recent occasion that Wiggins was unable to participate in a game occurred on November 10, 2015, when he was forced to sit out a game against the Charlotte Hornets due to a right knee injury.
- A trade involving Wiggins and two draft picks was made to the Golden State Warriors on February 6, 2020. In exchange, the Warriors received Jacob Evans, D’Angelo Russell, and Omari Spellman respectively.
- During a victory over the Orlando Magic on December 6, 2021, Wiggins recorded a career-high eight three-pointers and scored 28 points, leading his team to a 126–95 victory.
- The first time he was selected for an All-Star game occurred on January 27, 2022, when he was given the honor of being a starter for the Western Conference in the 2022 NBA All-Star Game. During his seventh season or later, he became the third first-time All-Star to be selected as a starter by the electorate.
- On October 15, 2022, Wiggins extended his contract with the Warriors for a period of four years, bringing the total value of the deal to $109 million. As of the 20th of November, Wiggins had scored 22 points while shooting six out of eleven from outside the arc.
- When the Houston Rockets were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks by a score of 120–103 on December 3, Wiggins not only matched his career record with eight of ten shots from beyond the arc, but he also scored a season-high 36 points.
View this post on Instagram
Andrew Wiggins Social Media Accounts
Andrew Wiggins Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$65 Million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Andrew Wiggins Cars Collection:
- Porsche Macan
- Audi A7
BDA Sports Management
700 Ygnacio Valley Rd
Walnut Creek , CA 94596