Angel Reese – Biography
Angel Reese – Angel Reese is a collegiate basketball player from the United States who now competes for the LSU Tigers of the Southeastern Conference (SEC). He was born on May 6, 2002. Reese received the nickname “Bayou Barbie” during her time at Saint Frances Academy in Baltimore, Maryland. There, she was recognized as a McDonald’s All-American in 2020 and was ranked as the number two player in her class by ESPN.
Her freshman year with the Maryland Terrapins in 2020–21 was cut short due to a fracture in her right foot, despite the fact that Reese had entered the team as the highest-ranked recruit in the whole history of the program. As a sophomore, the Associated Press recognized her as a member of the third team of All-Americans.
Angel Reese – Biography & Personal Details
|Date Of Birth
|6 May 2002
|Randallstown, Maryland, United States/
|21 years old (As 2023)
|Saint Frances Academy (Baltimore, Maryland)
|Maryland College ((2020–2022)
Louisiana State University (2022–present)
|Ballet, gymnastics, swimming and track
|LSU Tigers women’s basketball
|BET Award for Sportswoman of the Year,
Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award
Angel Reese – Family, Relationship and Afair
Angel and Michael Reese welcomed their daughter Reese into the world on May 6, 2002, in Randallstown, Maryland.
Her younger brother, Julian, competed for St. Frances Academy and currently plays collegiate basketball for the University of Maryland.
She has been friends with the men’s basketball player for Florida State, Cam’Ron Fletcher, since 2017, and they have just started a romance.
Family & Marital Status
|In Centimeters –190 cm
In Meters-1.90 m
In Feet and Inches –6′ 3″
|In Kg –75 kg
In Pounds –165 lbs
|Figure Measurements (Approx.)
Angel Reese Career
- Reese started her first season of collegiate basketball with Maryland in the starting lineup, primarily serving as a power forward. In spite of the fact that she was just a freshman, head coach Brenda Frese lauded her for the way she led the team.
- Frese considered Reese to be one of the Big Three players on the squad, along with Ashley Owusu and Diamond Miller. Also included in this group was Diamond Miller.
- She made her debut for Maryland on November 27, 2020, against Davidson in the Gulf Coast Challenge. During that game, she recorded a season-high 20 points and nine rebounds, leading Maryland to a 94–72 victory.
- On April 5, 2022, Reese and several of her other teammates went through the process of transferring to a new squad. She subsequently elaborated that she desired a new beginning and a coach who would mold her into a stretch four in order to better prepare her for the WNBA.
- She was the most highly touted transfer in the country and made appearances at Louisiana State University (LSU), South Carolina University, and the University of Tennessee.
- LSU made the announcement that Reese would be transferring to their program on May 6th, 2022. She made the choice because she has faith in head coach Kim Mulkey and a strong desire to become a part of a team that has a “winning culture.
- Additionally, Reese was blown away by the amount of interest the institution showed in the women’s squad. She made her first appearance for LSU on November 7 and led the Tigers to a 125–50 victory over Bellarmine while also tallying 31 points and 13 rebounds.
- On December 14, Reese led his team to victory over Lamar by scoring 32 points and grabbing 15 rebounds in the game.
- In a game that LSU won by a score of 74–34 against Texas A&M on January 5, 2023, she scored 26 points and pulled down 28 rebounds, breaking the single-game record for rebounds that had been held by Maree Jackson since 1977.
- Reese contributed significantly to LSU’s first ever national championship triumph by scoring 15 points, grabbing 10 rebounds, and dishing out five assists in the Tigers’ 102–85 victory over Iowa in the championship game.
- She finished the tournament with the Most Outstanding Player award and set a new record for the most double-doubles in a single season at the NCAA level with 34.
- Reese was honored as a preseason All-American by the Associated Press and selected as the preseason Player of the Year for the Southeastern Conference. The Associated Press preseason poll placed LSU at the top spot, and the Tigers were helped by the addition of transfer players Hailey Van Lith and Aneesah Morrow.
- In her first game of the season, which took place on November 6, 2023, Reese collected 15 points and 12 rebounds, but her team ended up losing an upset game against the 20th-ranked Colorado Buffaloes, 92–78.
- Because of a decision made by the coaches, LSU head coach Kim Mulkey decided that Reese should not play in a game that her team was playing on November 11, 2023 versus Southeastern Louisiana. This happened three days after Reese was taken out of a game that they won over Kent State and put on the bench for the second half.
View this post on Instagram
Angel Reese Social Media Accounts
Angel Reese Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$2 Million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Angel Reese Cars Collection:
- Not Known