Canelo Álvarez – Biography
Canelo Álvarez – Canelo Alvarez was born Santos Saul Alvarez Barragán on July 18, 1990, but is better known by his ring name, Canelo Alvarez. He is a professional boxer in Mexico. From light middleweight up to light heavyweight, he has won several world championships in each of these weight divisions, including unified titles in three of these weight classes and lineal titles in two of these weight classes.
Alvarez is the first and only boxer in the history of the sport to become the undisputed champion at the super middleweight division. He has held the titles of WBA (Super), WBC, and Ring magazine since 2020, and the titles of IBF and WBO since 2021.
Canelo Álvarez – Biography & Personal Details
|Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán
|Canelito, cinnamon, Canelo, Santitos, Jícama con Chile
|Date Of Birth
|18 July 1990
|33 years old (As 2023)
|Loacl High School
|Did Not Attend
|Horseback Riding, Travelling, Playing Poker, Listening Music, Playing Golf
|29 October 2005
|70+1⁄2 in (179 cm)
|Promising New Player (2012)
Best Boxer ESPY Award (2019)
Hispanic Heritage Awards: Sports (2019)
Influencer With A Cause (2020)
Canelo Álvarez – Family, Relationship and Afair
Alvarez revealed that he was born on the outskirts of Guadalajara, which is located in the state of Jalisco, but that his family hails from Los Reyes, which is located in the state of Michoacán. When he was five years old, his family relocated to Juanacatlán, Jalisco, which is now their permanent residence.
All of Alvarez’s brothers followed in his footsteps and became professional boxers. He is the youngest of eight children, with seven of his siblings being male. His brothers Ramón Alvarez, Ricardo Alvarez, and Rigoberto Alvarez, who is a former WBA interim world champion, are all professional boxers in the welterweight division.
Marisol González, who currently works as a sports reporter for Televisa Deportes and formerly held the title of Miss Mexico Universe 2003, was his fiancee at the time.
In May of 2021, Alvarez tied the knot with the woman he had been with for a very long time, Fernanda Gómez, in a ceremony that took place in the Guadalajara Cathedral in Guadalajara, Mexico.
He is the father of four children: three daughters and one son, all of whom were fathered by other women.
Family & Marital Status
|15 May 2021
|Mother-Ana Maria Barragán
|Brother-Ramón Álvarez, Ricardo Álvarez, Rigoberto Álvarez
Sister-Ana Elda Álvarez
|Daughter-Emily Cinnamon Alvarez, Mía Ener Álvarez
|In Centimeters –173 cm
In Meters-1.73 m
In Feet and Inches –5′ 8″
|In Kg –76 kg
In Pounds –167 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-46 inches
Waist Size-30 inches
Biceps Size-15 inches
Canelo Álvarez Career
- Because his trainers at the time, the father-and-son duo of Chepo and Eddy Reynoso, were unable to locate acceptable junior opponents for him, Alvarez turned professional when he was 15 and shortly after he won the championship at the Junior Nationals.
- In the first 19 months of his career as a professional boxer, he knocked out eleven of his first thirteen opponents, all of whom were substantially older than he was.
- However, the elder Reynoso stated in 2013 that Alvarez had fought ten more times during that span, winning all ten by knockout (KO), but that these fights (all in small venues in the Mexican state of Nayarit) were so poorly documented that it was not worth the trouble to seek to have the record corrected. Alvarez won all ten of these fights by knockout.
- On January 20, 2006, in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Alvarez won his third professional fight of his career, which was against Miguel Vázquez, who would go on to become the IBF lightweight champion. lvarez is from Guadalajara. In the rematch that took place on June 28, 2008, lvarez prevailed once more over Vázquez.
- At the Vicente Fernández Arena, he defeated Luciano Leonel Cuello via technical knockout (TKO) in the sixth round to win the WBC Silver light middleweight title. The fight took place in the light middleweight division.
- After the bout, Mexican singer Vicente Fernández presented Alvarez with a horse as a gift during the post-fight interview. The mayor of Tepic, Mexico, the city where Alvarez occasionally trains, also presented him with a horse as a gift.
- On September 17, 2011, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, lvarez successfully defended the same WBC championship against Alfonso Gómez, who was competing on The Contender.
- lvarez won via technical knockout in the sixth round. After being knocked down by Alvarez in the first round, Gómez came back and won the majority of the last five rounds.
- Austin Trout was the opponent for his next bout, which took place on April 20, 2013, in the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
- In March of 2018, prior to the fight, Alvarez was found to have a positive test for the prohibited drug clenbuterol. Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez added fuel to the fire when he stated that Alvarez had his hands wrapped in a manner that was against the rules for the first battle between the two boxers.
- Because he had two failed drug tests for the prohibited chemical clenbuterol, the NSAC made the decision on March 23 to temporarily suspend Alvarez.
- Alvarez made the announcement on social media on September 13, 2019, that he would be moving up to the light heavyweight division in order to fight the current WBO light heavyweight titleholder, Sergey Kovalev, on November 2, 2019, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- The lawsuit that had been filed against Golden Boy Promotions for breach of contract was resolved on November 6, 2020, and the result was that lvarez was released from his contract with the company.
- It was announced on the 14th of March 2023 that Alvarez would be making the second defense of his undisputed super middleweight belts against WBO interim champion John Ryder on May 6 at Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Mexico, which is Alvarez’s hometown.
- It has been almost eleven years since Alvarez has competed in his own country, therefore this fight would be his first fight there in that time.
- Alvarez was awarded the victory by way of a unanimous decision after the judges scored the bout in his favor after 12 rounds with scores of 118–109 (twice) and 120–107.
View this post on Instagram
Canelo Álvarez Social Media Accounts
Canelo Álvarez Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$200 Million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Canelo Álvarez Cars Collection:
- Bugatti Chiron
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet
- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ
- Brabus B63 S 700 6×6
- Lamborghini Aventador SV
- Lamborghini Aventador S
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
- Rolls Royce Ghost
- McLaren 650s