Darius Rucker – Biography
Darius Rucker – Darius Rucker is a musician from the United States who is a singer, guitarist, and songwriter. He was born on May 13, 1966. It was in 1986 at the University of South Carolina that he, along with Mark Bryan, Jim “Soni” Sonefeld, and Dean Felber, established the rock band Hootie & the Blowfish. He was the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the band. This was the beginning of his rise to stardom.
The band had six top 40 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the time that Rucker was a member of the band, and they published five studio albums during that time. Together with the other members of the band, Rucker was responsible for writing the majority of the songs. In 2002, Hidden Beach Recordings was the label that distributed his first studio album, which was an R&B record titled Back to Then.
Darius Rucker – Biography & Personal Details
|Darius Carlos Rucker
|Date Of Birth
|13 May 1966
|Charleston, South Carolina, United States/
Charleston, South Carolina
|57 years old (As 2023)
|Middleton High School (South Carolina)
|University of South Carolina
|Listening Music, Reading Books, Travelling
|Singer-songwriter, Guitarist, Actor
|Album- Back to Then (2002)
|Country Music Association Award for New Artist of the Year (2009)
Best Country Solo Performance (2014)
Darius Rucker – Family, Relationship and Afair
Born and bred in Charleston, South Carolina, Rucker is a native of the city.His mother, Carolyn, who worked as a nurse at the Medical University of South Carolina, was the sole caregiver for him and his siblings, who included three sisters and two brothers.
According to Rucker, his father was never present, and the only time he ever went to see him was on Sunday mornings before church.
In the year 2000, Rucker tied the knot with Beth Leonard.
On May 16, 2001, Leonard went through the process of giving birth to his second daughter, Daniela Rose. On October 27, 2004, they welcomed a boy, who they named Jack.
Family & Marital Status
|9 December 2000
|Beth Leonard (Ex-wife)
|Kate Quigley (Ex-Gf)
Elizabeth Ann Phillips (Ex-Gf)
|Daughter-Daniella Rose Rucker, Caroline Rucker
|In Centimeters –178 cm
In Meters-1.78 m
In Feet and Inches –5′ 10″
|In Kg –75 kg
In Pounds –165 lbs
Darius Rucker Career
- His debut solo album in the R&B genre, titled The Return of Mongo Slade, was released by Atlantic Records in the year 2001. The label never made it available to the public because of changes in the contractual terms.
- An independent record label known as Hidden Beach Recordings procured the masters from Atlantic Records and subsequently released the album under the title Back to Then in July of 2002.
- The beginning of Rucker’s career in country music began with the signing of a contract with Capitol Records Nashville in the beginning of 2008. During the week of May 3, 2008, his first solo single, “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It,” which he had written in collaboration with Clay Mills, made its debut on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts at position No. 51.
- For his second studio album, Learn to Live, this is the first single to be released. Rucker collaborated with Frank Rogers, a record producer who has previously worked with Trace Adkins and Brad Paisley. Rogers was responsible for producing this album. It was also in July of 2008 that Rucker made his debut at the Grand Ole Opry.
- On October 12, 2010, Rucker released his second album in the country genre, titled Charleston, South Carolina 1966. Del Rio, Texas 1959, Radney Foster’s debut solo record, served as the source of inspiration for the title.
- Rucker, Chris Stapleton, and Casey Beathard collaborated on the song entitled “Come Back Song,” which was released as the album’s debut single. The song reached number 37 on the Hot 100 chart and was his fourth number one in the country music industry.
- The commencement address for the graduating class of the Medical University of South Carolina was delivered by Rucker on the 20th of May, 2011.
- Rucker was reportedly working on a third country album, according to a report that was published on CBSnews.com on December 14, 2011. The recording of the album was scheduled to begin in January 2012, and the album was scheduled to be released early in the year.
- The graduating ceremony for the University of South Carolina in Columbia took place on May 11, 2013, and Rucker was the speaker at the event. Additionally, he was presented with an honorary degree in music before to his address.
- In a statement that was made public on September 15, 2014, it was stated that Rucker had finished recording his debut Christmas album, and that it would be published on October 27, 2014. A collaboration with Sheryl Crow on the song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” is included in this collection.
- Prior to the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, which took place on May 29, 2016, Rucker presided over the performance of the national anthem.In addition, on September 15, Rucker was the one who sang the national anthem for a game that was played between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Jets.
- “Same Beer Different Problems” was the title of a new single that was released by Rucker in April of 2022.He announced later in the year that he would be releasing a new album, which would include a collaboration with Chapel Hart.
- He also confirmed that he would be releasing the album. After that, Rucker made the announcement that his seventh solo album, which would be titled Carolyn’s Boy and would be released in 2023, would be named after his mother. In October of 2023, he was featured on the track “To Be a Man” that was released by Dax.
View this post on Instagram
Darius Rucker Social Media Accounts
Darius Rucker Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$24 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Darius Rucker Cars Collection:
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Essential Broadcast Media, LLC
2001B Blair Blvd
Nashville, TN, 37212-5007