David Benavidez – Biography
David Benavidez – Anthony David Benavidez is a professional boxer from the United States. He was born on December 17, 1996. He has won the WBC super middleweight championship on two separate occasions, the first time in the years 2017 to 2018 and the second time in the years 2019 to 2020.
Benavidez holds the record for the youngest super middleweight title holder in history, having won his first championship at the age of 20 years, eight months, three weeks and one day. He is currently ranked second by The Ring, second by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and fourth by BoxRec.
David Benavidez – Biography & Personal Details
|Anthony David Benavidez
|Date Of Birth
|17 December 1996
|Phoenix, Arizona, United States/
|26 years old (As 2023)
|Local High School
|Writing, podcasting, martial arts, and medical digital media creation
|Mexican and Ecuadorian
|At the age of 16 defeating Erasmo Moreno by knockout in one round in Puerto Peñasco
|He is an American professional boxer and he is a two-time WBC super middleweight champion
|Super middleweight, Light heavyweight
|José Benavidez Sr.
David Benavidez – Family, Relationship and Afair
David was born to a Mexican father Jose Benavidez Sr. and an Ecuadorian mother Alma Benavidez. A professional boxer like José Benavidez Jr., his older brother, is also in the family.
Their father is an instructor for both of the brothers. Benavidez’s weight soared to 250 pounds by the time he was 15 years old as he struggled mightily with both dieting and discipline.
Family & Marital Status
Father-Jose Benavidez Sr.
|Brother-José Benavidez Jr.
|In Centimeters –191 cm
In Meters-1.91 m
In Feet and Inches –6’2″
|In Kg –76 kg
In Pounds –167 lbs
David Benavidez Career
- In his first fight as a professional, Benavidez knocked out Erasmo Moreno in the first round of their bout in Puerto Peasco when he was only 16 years old. In April of 2015, Benavidez defeated Rollin Williams to win the NABF Junior Light Heavyweight Title.
- This was Benavidez’s first championship belt. Benavidez finished the year 2015 undefeated with a record of 12 victories, 11 knockouts, and 0 defeats on his record. Benavidez entered into a promotional agreement with Sampson Lewkowicz’s Sampson Boxing in the month of October 2015.
- It was announced on January 7, 2016, that Benavidez would begin the year by fighting Kevin Cobbs (10–1, 4 KOs) on a Fox Sports 1 episode of PBC Toe-To-Toe Tuesdays on January 18 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles.
- The fight was scheduled to take place on January 18. Cobbs entered the bout riding a four-fight winning streak prior to the bout. Benavidez got the fight off to a fast start and kept Cobbs at arm’s length throughout the first round.
- Sherali Mamajonov (14–1, 7 KOs) was the opponent for Benavidez’s first fight of 2017, which took place on January 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Nevada, on the undercard for the Carl Frampton vs. Léo Santa Cruz II fight.
- Benavidez won the fight. Benavidez began the battle cautiously until unleashing a barrage of hard shots that knocked down Mamajonov before the finish of the first round. Benavidez began the second round by continuing to land flash combinations and eventually put Mamajanov out of commission for a second time.
- A urine sample was taken from Benavidez on August 27 and sent to the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA). On September 18, 2018, it was announced that Benavidez received a positive test result for cocaine using this sample.
- He was eventually stripped of his title and given a suspension that will last for four months through February 2019 by the World Boxing Council (WBC). It was revealed that he would be making his return to the ring on March 16th, 2019, on the 19th of December, 2018.
- Showtime made the announcement that Benavidez would be fighting former champion José Uzcátegui at the Phoenix Suns Arena on August 28, 2021.
- The fight was supposed to take place on July 14, 2021. On the other hand, Uzcátegui was removed from the fight on October 28 after it was discovered that he had failed a drug test. Kyrone Davis took his place in the bout.
- Caleb Plant, a former IBF world champion, was scheduled to be Benavidez’s opponent in the first defense of Benavidez’s WBC interim super middleweight title on January 25, 2023. The announcement regarding this fight was made on January 25, 2023. Showtime Pay-Per-View broadcasted the bout, which took place on March 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- He is one tough dude to take on.” Benavidez was able to keep his perfect record and his status as the WBC’s obligatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez, who is the undisputed champion at super middleweight.
- With this victory, Benavidez kept his position as the WBC’s mandatory challenger. During the post-fight press conference, he stated that he would like the opportunity to fight Alvarez.
View this post on Instagram
David Benavidez Social Media Accounts
David Benavidez Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$3 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
David Benavidez Cars Collection:
- Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster
- Ferrari SF90 Stradale