Doja Cat Biography
Doja Cat – Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini is a rapper and singer based in the United States. She was born on October 21, 1995. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, and when she was a teenager, she started composing music and sharing it on SoundCloud.
Her song “So High” attracted the attention of Kemosabe and RCA Records, and she secured a combined record deal with both of both labels before releasing her debut extended play, titled Purrr!, in 2014.
Doja Cat achieved viral recognition as an online meme with her track “Mooo!” in 2018, following a period in which she took a break from creating new music and during which the rollout of her debut studio album, Amala (2018), was unremarkable.
Doja Cat Biography & Personal Details
|Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini
|Ccreating music videos and songs that achieve popularity on social media websites such as TikTok.
|Date Of Birth
|21 October 1995
|Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, United States/
Los Angeles, California
|27 years old (As 2023)
|Ramón C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts
|Loyola Marymount University
|Go on road trips, Watching Movies
|Chinese food and Thai food, specifically fried rice
|South African (Zulu descent) and Jewish-American.
|Rapper/ Singer/ Dancer
|Hip hop, pop, R&B, and pop rap.
|“So High”, in 2014
|1. Grammy Award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance 2022,
2. MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography 2022,
3. Billboard Music Award for Top Viral Song 2022,
4. American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist 2021-2020,
5. NAACP Image Award for Outstanding New Artist 2021,
6. American Music Award for Collaboration of the Year 2021,
7. Music Award for R&B Female Artist 2021-2022,
Doja Cat Family, Relationship and Afair
On October 21, 1995, Dlamini was born in the Tarzana district of Los Angeles, California, in the United States of America.
Her mother, Deborah Sawyer, is a graphic designer from the United States of America and is of Jewish ancestry.
Her father, Dumisani Dlamini, is a performer from South Africa and is of Zulu ancestry.
From August 2019 to February 2020, she was involved in a casual open relationship with the American musician Jawny, but they eventually broke up.
Family & Marital Status
|Mother-Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer
|In Centimeters –160 cm
In Meters-1.60 m
In Feet and Inches –5′ 3″
|In Kg –58 kg
In Pounds –128 lbs
Doja Cat Career
- Doja Cat has stated that her life was “messy” after she left school, saying that she slept on the floor and spent “all night and day” browsing the internet in order to find beats and instrumentals from YouTube, which she then downloaded and used in order to produce her own music. Doja Cat has described her life after leaving school as “messy.”
- Cat began her career in the underground hip-hop scene in Los Angeles, playing at parties and cyphers and connecting with other rappers such as Busdriver, Ill Camille, and VerBS. The latter of these rappers claims to have assisted Cat in honing her skill and finding her first gig.
- Cat has since gone on to have a successful career. When she was going through this period, she met the record producer Jerry “Tizhimself” Powell, who had discovered her SoundCloud account by accident.
- He then introduced her to the record producer Yeti Beats, who encouraged her to record at his studio in the neighborhood of Echo Park. This studio also acted as “an oasis of sorts for Doja to escape from the turmoil at home” for Doja.
- Purrr!, Doja Cat’s debut extended play, was released in August of 2014. The Fader referred to it as “spacey, eastern-influenced R&B” in their review. Prior to the release of the EP, “So High” was repackaged and released as her solo commercial debut single. The song later appeared on the Fox series Empire in the third episode of the show’s first season.
- The debut studio album by Doja Cat, titled Amala, was released on March 30, 2018, through RCA and Kemosabe Records. The album featured all three of the band’s previous hits. Its release was generally unremarkable due to the fact that critics paid it no attention and it did not chart in any market.
- Doja Cat is well known for her novelty song “Mooo!,” which features absurdist lyrics in which she fantasizes about being a cow. In August of 2018, Doja Cat independently shared the music video she had prepared for “Mooo!”
- The song “Say So” was released to radio stations in January of 2020 as the fourth single to be taken from her album Hot Pink. Although it was initially released in November 2019 alongside the album, the song became far more well-known after being uploaded to the video-sharing platform TikTok.
- Doja Cat had an appearance in the music video for the single “Best Friend” by Saweetie, which was released on January 7, 2021, and was featured on the track “Best Friend.” Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion made an appearance on the remix of Ariana Grande’s song “34+35” the next week.
- Doja Cat began dropping hints about her upcoming fourth studio album, which was initially given the working title of Hellmouth. Prior to this, she had stated that the album would be “predominantly rap,” a reference to the musical style of her earlier works. This is a return to the musical style of the album.
- The first single from the album, titled “Paint the Town Red,” was released in the beginning of August 2023 and immediately became a commercial success, breaking a number of streaming records in the process.
- The second promotional track, “Demons”, was released in early September 2023, accompanied a music video directed by Christian Breslauer and co-starring American actress Christina Ricci.
- In 2018, Doja Cat caused a stir on social media after her history on Twitter revealed that she had often used the slur “faggot.” She used the term in a tweet from 2015 to characterize the hip hop artists Tyler, the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt.
- A song titled “Dindu Nuffin” originally released by Doja Cat in 2015 was rediscoverd in May of 2020. The nickname “Dindu Nuffin” was popularized by members of the alt-right movement and is used to mock African-American victims of police abuse who assert that they are innocent.
- Doja Cat came under fire in July 2023 for comments made on Threads in which it was said that she does not respect her fans. As a direct result of these comments, she lost over 250,000 followers on Instagram.
Doja Cat Social Media Accounts
Doja Cat Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Doja Cat Cars Collection:
- BMW iX
- Tesla Model X
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
- Cadillac Escalade
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Lamborgini Huracan
25 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010-8601