James Cleverly – Biography
James Cleverly – James Spencer Cleverly TD VR is a British politician and Army Reserve officer who has held the position of Home Secretary since November 2023. He was born on September 4, 1969, and holds the title of TD. Since 2015, he has held the position of Member of Parliament (MP) for Braintree in Essex, where he is affiliated with the Conservative Party.
Previously, he held the offices of Secretary of State for Education from July to September 2022, Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party alongside Ben Elliot from 2019 to 2020, and other junior ministerial positions. He served as Foreign Secretary from 2022 until 2023.
James Cleverly – Biography & Personal Details
|James Spencer Cleverly
|Date Of Birth
|4 September 1969
|Lewisham, London, United Kingdom/
|54 years old (As 2023)
|Ealing College of Higher Education/
University of West London
|Bachelor of Arts degree
|Books Reading, Learning, Travelling and Doing Exercise
James Cleverly – Family, Relationship and Afair
On September 4th, 1969, Cleverly was born in Lewisham, London, to parents named James Philip Cleverly and Evelyn Suna Cleverly. His father is from the United Kingdom and had a career as a surveyor, and his mother is from Sierra Leone and had a career as a midwife.
In the year 2000, Cleverly wed Susannah Sparks, and the couple currently has two boys. Blackheath is located in Southeast London, and Cleverly calls it home.
Family & Marital Status
Father-Evelyn Suna Cleverly
|Susannah Janet Temple Cleverly
|In Centimeters –178 cm
In Meters-1.78 m
In Feet and Inches –5’10”
|In Kg –75 kg
In Pounds –165 lbs
James Cleverly Military Career
- Due of an accident, his preliminary training at Sandhurst had to be cut short. On October 6, 1991, Cleverly received his appointment into the Army Reserve, where he served as an acting second lieutenant.
- His commission was confirmed and he was named substantive second lieutenant in January of 1993.He was made a lieutenant on October 6, 1993, a captain on May 26, 1998, and a major on November 1, 2003.
- He was promoted to the rank of major on November 1, 2003. He held the position of Battery Commander of the 266 (Para) Battery Royal Artillery (Volunteers) from 2002 to 2005.
- On March 1, 2015, Cleverly received a promotion to the rank of lieutenant colonel. In his present role, Cleverly is a Staff Officer in the 1st (UK) Armoured Division. He is now stationed in the National Reserve Headquarters of the Royal Artillery.
- After a very close and competitive selection process that took place in March 2007, Cleverly was chosen to represent the Bexley and Bromley seat in the London Assembly as a candidate.
- The election for the London Assembly was held on May 1, and the count and declaration took place on May 2. He won with a majority of 75,237 votes and garnered 105,162 votes, which is equivalent to 52.6% of the vote.
- Cleverly was given the role of chairman of the London Waste and Recycling Board in February 2010, succeeding Boris Johnson in that role after Johnson resigned from his position.
- After Brooks Newmark, the sitting Conservative MP for Braintree, resigned in the wake of a scandal involving sexting and the transmission of obscene photographs online, the Conservative Party made the decision in January 2015 to nominate Cleverly as their candidate for the parliamentary seat of Braintree in the general election to be held in 2015.
- In January of 2016, the Labour Party presented an amendment to the Housing and Planning Bill 2016 that would have compelled private landlords to make homes that they put up for rent “fit for human habitation” before renting them out to tenants.
- In October of 2018, Cleverly supported Conservative London mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey after potentially Islamophobic and Hinduphobic comments made in a brochure. In the pamphlet, Bailey stated that black boys were drifting into criminality as a consequence of knowing more about faiths other than “their own Christian culture.”
- Cleverly defended Bailey by saying that black boys were drifting into crime as a result of learning more about faiths other than “their own Christian culture.”
- Before withdrawing from the contest on June 4, 2019, Cleverly made the announcement on May 29 that he would run in the 2019 Conservative leadership election with the hopes of succeeding Theresa May as the leader of the Conservative Party.
- After Boris Johnson was chosen as Prime Minister, Cleverly was offered the position of Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party, where he now serves alongside Ben Elliot.
- Cleverly was given the position of Minister of State for the Middle East and North Africa in the cabinet reshuffle that took place in 2020.
- In September of the year 2020, he voiced his concerns about a “looming” famine that was occurring in Yemen. Cleverly referred to the situation in Yemen as “one of the worst humanitarian crises in the world” in March of 2021.
- In March of 2022, he stated that attempts to link Saudi Arabia to Russia are “ridiculously distasteful” and that such comparisons are “ridiculous.”
- Early in the month of December 2022, he had a meeting with his counterpart in Norway, Anniken Huitfeldt, to discuss ongoing military cooperation, and he also attended the traditional lighting of the Christmas tree.
- As the first minister from the UK Government to travel to China since 2018, Cleverly made his maiden voyage to the country during the month of August 2023.
- According to reports, the trip will be used to challenge China’s reaction to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine as well as boost bilateral commerce and climate change policy.
- At a meeting with the Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan in Ankara on September 13, 2023, he declared that Turkey is a “indispensable partner” to the United Kingdom and that it “has truly significant commitments to NATO.”
- Cleverly was given the position of Home Secretary on November 13, 2023, as part of a reorganization of Sunak’s cabinet. She took over for Suella Braverman.
James Cleverly Social Media Accounts
James Cleverly Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$9 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
James Cleverly Cars Collection:
- Not Known