Jared Goff – Biography
Jared Thomas Goff is a quarterback for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He was born on October 14, 1994, and currently plays for the Detroit Lions. During his time as a college football player for the California Golden Bears, he established new marks for throwing yards and passing touchdowns during the annual season of the Pac-12 Conference. While participating in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams selected Goff with the first overall pick.
Following a disappointing rookie season, Goff was able to make a comeback in his second season with the Rams, during which he was instrumental in the team’s first winning season in fourteen years and their first appearance in the playoffs in thirteen years.
Jared Goff – Biography & Personal Details
|Jared Thomas Goff
|Date Of Birth
|14 October 1994
|Novato, California, United States/
|29 years old (As 2023)
|Marin Catholic High School
|University of California, Berkeley
|Listening Music, Travelling, Playing board games, cycling and bike riding
|American Football player
|2021, Lions debut in the season-opener against the 49ers
|Pro Bowl honors in both seasons
Jared Goff – Family, Relationship and Afair
Goff was born in San Rafael, California, but he spent his childhood in Novato, California. His father, Jerry Goff, was a former Major League Baseball player.
Lauren, his older sister, is also a member of his family.
On the 16th of June in 2022, he announced his engagement to his longtime love Christen Harper. Raya, a celebrity dating app, was where they first connected with one another.
Family & Marital Status
|Engaged (Getting Married)
|In Centimeters –193 cm
In Meters-1.93 m
In Feet and Inches –6’4″
|In Kg –98 kg
In Pounds –216 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-42 inches
Waist Size-34 inches
Biceps Size-15 inches
Jared Goff College Career
- Before deciding to enroll at the University of California, Berkeley, Goff was in the process of being recruited by a number of collegiate programs and had scholarship offers from Boise State, Fresno State, and Washington State.
- During the month of January 2013, Goff enrolled at Cal as a mid-year student and joined the Golden Bears for the spring practices of 2013.
- Despite the fact that the club finished the 2013 season with a record of 1–11, Goff established new single-season marks for passing yards (3,508), yardage gained (3,508), total offense (3,446), passes completed (320), and passes attempted (530). This was accomplished under the direction of Sonny Dykes, who was the new head coach.
- For the second consecutive year, Goff was the starting quarterback for the Golden Bears in 2014. Goff set a new career high with seven touchdown passes with his performance against the Colorado Buffaloes on September 27.
- He completed 24 of 42 passes for 458 yards and set a new record for his career. During the game against Washington State on October 4, Goff threw for a new career high of 527 yards and five touchdowns, setting a new school record. The game ended with a score of 60–59.
- In 2015, while Goff was a junior, he guided the Bears to a regular-season finish of 7–5, which was the first winning season for Cal since 2011. Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay both predicted that Goff will be the best quarterback available in the 2016 NFL Draft.
- This prediction was made prior to the start of the season. After throwing for 453 yards and six touchdowns in a victory over Oregon State on November 14, 2015, Goff was awarded the title of Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week for the first time. The game was won by the Cardinals 54–24.
- During the 2015 season, Goff not only established a new record for passing yards in a single season for the Pac-12 (4,714), but he also established a new record for touchdown passes in a season for the conference. He was selected to the first team of All-Pac-12 players.
- Between the middle of February and the middle of March 2016, the majority of analysts expected that Goff would be taken in the early first round of the draft.
- The Cleveland Browns, with the second overall choice, were the most commonly predicted landing location for him, while the San Francisco 49ers, with the seventh overall pick, were the most frequently predicted landing spot.
- Although Goff did not perform particularly well in the physical tests that were administered at the NFL Scouting Combine, he was still able to increase his draft stock by performing exceptionally well in the positional drills. It has also been reported that Goff received a score of 36 on his Wonderlic examination.
- While participating in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams selected Goff with the first overall pick. After making a deal with the Tennessee Titans in the first round, the Los Angeles Rams were able to secure the first overall pick.
- For the second time in the past six years, the Rams have selected a quarterback with the first overall pick. Six years prior, the Rams had selected Sam Bradford with the first overall pick.
- Goff signed a four-year contract on June 9, 2016, which included a signing bonus of $18.6 million and guaranteed money totaling $27.9 million over the course of the contract year.
- Goff began the 2018 season by throwing for 233 yards and two touchdowns in the season opener, which was a road victory against the Oakland Raiders by a score of 33–13.
- This was followed by back-to-back games in which he threw for 354 yards, which were victories over the Cardinals and the Los Angeles Chargers, who are a rival team from across town.
- Goff’s contract expires on April 23, 2019, and the Rams exercised their right to purchase the fifth-year option.
- It was a record for the most guaranteed money in a contract in the National Football League at the time, and it will be exceeded by Patrick Mahomes in the year 2020. Five months later, he reached an agreement on a four-year extension worth $134 million, with $110 million guaranteed.
- Through victories over the Carolina Panthers, the Saints, and the Browns, Goff was a significant contributor to the Rams’ three-game winning streak.
- Goff ended with a career-high 517 passing yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions in Week 4’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even though the Buccaneers defeated the team 55–40.
- With 45 completions in a regular-season game, he tied the record for most completions in a game in the National Football League (NFL) with Drew Bledsoe’s performance in Week 11 against the Vikings in 1994.
- In a deal that took place on March 18, 2021, Goff was sent to the Detroit Lions in exchange for quarterback Matthew Stafford, as well as the first round draft picks of the Los Angeles Rams in 2022 and 2023, as well as a third round pick in 2021.
- It was in the Lions’ season opener against the 49ers when Goff made his debut with the team. In spite of a late comeback, the Lions were defeated by a score of 41–33. He finished the game with a completion percentage of 38 out of 57 throws for 338 yards, three touchdowns, and an interception that was returned for a touchdown.
- Over the course of Week 6, Goff earned the title of NFC Offensive Player of the Week by completing 30 of 44 passes for 353 yards and two touchdowns in a victory over the Buccaneers by a score of 20-6.
- Goff completed 30 of 40 passes for 257 yards and one touchdown over the course of the Lions’ 30-24 victory over the Vikings in Week 16. This victory allowed the Lions to earn their first NFC North championship and their first division championship since 1993.
- Goff played the quarterback for the Detroit Lions and led them to a victory over the Los Angeles Rams on January 14, 2024. This victory was the first time the Lions had won a playoff game since 1991.
View this post on Instagram
Jared Goff Social Media Accounts
Jared Goff Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$70 million in 2024
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Jared Goff Cars Collection:
- Not Known