Kamaru Usman Biography
Kamaru Usman – Kamaru Usman is an American professional mixed martial artist. He was Born on May 11, 1987 in the United States, who has also competed in freestyle wrestling and retired from folkstyle wrestling. In the Ultimate Fighting Championship, where he used to participate in the Welterweight division and is now competing in the Middleweight division, he was previously the UFC Welterweight Champion.
Additionally, Usman was victorious in The Ultimate Fighter 21 event. He has the number one spot in the UFC men’s welterweight rankings as of November 14, 2022, and he holds the number seven spot in the UFC men’s pound-for-pound rankings as of September 26, 2023.
Kamaru Usman Biography & Personal Details
|Kamarudeen (Marty) Usman
|The Nigerian Nightmare
|Date Of Birth
|11 May 1987
Auchi, Edo state of Nigeria
|36 years old (As 2023)
|Bowie High School (Arlington, Texas)
|William Penn University,
University of Nebraska at Kearney
|Playing basketball, Watching Movies, and listening to music
|Carbs, Sweet n’ Salty Treat, Bread, Oatmeal, Roasted Chicken
|Mixed Martial Artist, Pro wrestler
|Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Freestyle wrestling
|Jorge Santiago, Trevor Wittman
|#1 in the UFC men’s welterweight rankings
|Fighter of the Year (2021),
Knockout of the Year (2021)
Kamaru Usman Family, Relationship and Afair
Auchi is located in the Edo state of Nigeria, which is Usman’s place of birth. His father was a major in the Nigerian Army, while his mother was a teacher. Both of his parents were Nigerian.
He shares his home with his two brothers, Kashetu and Mohammed, the latter of whom is also a champion of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). Kashetu is also involved in the sport of mixed martial arts.
Family & Marital Status
Father-Muhammed Nasiru Usman
|Brother-Mohammed Usman, Kashetu Usman
|In Centimeters –183 cm
In Meters-1.83 m
In Feet and Inches –6′ 0″
|In Kg –84 kg
In Pounds –185 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-42 inches
Waist Size-33 inches
Biceps Size-35 inches
Kamaru Usman Career
- At Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas, where he attended school, Usman began wrestling during his sophomore year of high school. As a result of the fact that Usman’s wrestling coach at the time had difficulty pronouncing his first name, Kamarudeen, the young wrestler was given the moniker “Marty” when he joined the team, and it remained with him throughout his tenure as an amateur wrestler.
- During the fourteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter, which took place in 2011, Usman worked as the wrestling coach for Team Miller.
- After being eliminated from the freestyle wrestling competition at the US Olympic Team Trials in 2012, Usman made his debut in mixed martial arts competition in November of that same year.
- Usman was named as one of the competitors who would compete on season 21 of The Ultimate Fighter in February of 2015, when the announcement was made.
- On December 19, 2015, at UFC on Fox 17, Usman made his official debut as a fighter for the Ultimate Fighting Championship by competing against future champion Leon Edwards. It was decided by all of the judges that he was the victor.
- On May 14, 2016, at UFC 198, it was anticipated that Usman would compete against Sérgio Moraes, a two-time World Jiu-Jitsu Champion. However, on May 1 it was reported that Usman had withdrawn from the fight for reasons that were not explained, and his spot was taken by a newbie to the promotional circuit named Luan Chagas.
- On April 8, 2017, at UFC 210, Usman competed against Sean Strickland, who had previously held the title of long-time KOTC Middleweight Champion. He triumphed once more by way of a unanimous decision in the bout.
- On August 18, it was reported that Usman will act as a back-up for the main event fight at UFC 228, which would be between long-time champion Tyron Woodley and undefeated challenger Darren Till. Usman’s participation in the fight was scheduled to take place on September 1.
- At UFC 245, which took place on December 14, 2019, Usman successfully defended his championship against his long-time adversary Colby Covington. In spite of the fact that both competitors were primarily offensive wrestlers, the battle did not involve any grappling and instead featured fast-paced offensive action in the striking.
- At UFC 286 on March 18, 2023, a third bout for the UFC Welterweight Championship between Usman and Edwards took place. This time, the title was on the line. He was defeated in the fight by a verdict of the judges’ majority.
- At only ten days’ notice, Usman stepped in to replace an injured Paulo Costa in a middleweight match against Khamzat Chimaev on October 21, 2023, at UFC 294, which was also Usman’s debut in the middleweight division of mixed martial arts competition. He was defeated by the judges’ decision in the fight.
View this post on Instagram
Kamaru Usman Social Media Accounts
|Kamaru Usman MMA
Kamaru Usman Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$6 Milion in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Kamaru Usman Cars Collection:
- Lamborghini Urus
- Rolls Royce Ghost