Lauri Markkanen – Biography
Lauri Markkanen – Lauri Elias Markkanen is a Finnish basketball player who is now employed by the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was born on May 22, 1997. The younger brother of footballer Eero Markkanen, he is known by his nickname “the Finnisher” and is the son of Finnish basketball players Pekka and Riikka Markkanen. Both of his parents played in Finland.
After beginning his professional career with HBA-Marsky in the second-tier league of Finnish basketball, Markkanen relocated to the United States and played collegiate basketball for the Arizona Wildcats. During his lone season with the Wildcats, he was named to the first team of All-Pac-12 honorees.
Lauri Markkanen – Biography & Personal Details
|Lauri Elias Markkanen
|Magic Markkanen, The Finisher
|Date Of Birth
|22 May 1997
|26 years old (As 2023)
|Local High School
|The University of Arizona
|Playing disc golf, Travelling to other countries,
|NBA debut- 19 October 2017
|Power forward, Center, Small forward, Forward
|#23 (Utah Jazz)
#23 (Finland men’s national basketball team)
Finland men’s national basketball team
|Pac-12 All-Freshman team (2017)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2018)
NBA Most Improved Player (2023)
NBA All-Star (2023)
Lauri Markkanen – Family, Relationship and Afair
His parents, Pekka and Riikka Markkanen (née Ellonen), were both professional basketball players, and he has two brothers: Miikka, who also played professionally in basketball, and Eero, who played professionally in football.
Markkanen and his wife, Verna Aho, welcomed their first child together in February of 2018. The couple welcomed their second kid in October of the year 2020.
Family & Marital Status
|Brother-Eero Markkanen, Miikka Markkanen
|Son- Alvar Markkanen
|In Centimeters –213 cm
In Meters-2.13 m
In Feet and Inches –7’0″
|In Kg –109 kg
In Pounds –240 lbs
Lauri Markkanen Career
- In the 2017 NBA draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves selected Lauri Markkanen with the seventh overall choice of the first round. On the night of the draft, his rights were included in a package deal that sent Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Jimmy Butler and the rights to Justin Patton. The Bulls officially announced the signing of Markkanen on July 5th, 2017.
- Markkanen made his debut with the Bulls on October 19, 2017, and scored 17 points in his first game with the league.
- Markkanen then broke an NBA record on October 24 by making 10 3-point shots in his first three games of his NBA career. The record he set was for the most 3-pointers made in the first three games of an NBA career.
- Markkanen set a new high for points scored in a single season with 31 on the 30th of January, 2021. He shot 12-of-18 from the field and 6-of-11 from three-point range in a game that the Portland Trail Blazers won 122-123.
- Markkanen’s starting position on the team was eliminated after the Bulls strengthened their frontcourt by adding veteran big players Daniel Theis and Nikola Vuevi to their squad.
- Markkanen was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on August 28, 2021, as part of a sign-and-trade involving a three-team deal that also included the Portland Trail Blazers. On October 20, Markkanen made his debut with the Cavaliers. The team’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies ended in a loss of 132–121.
- Markkanen finished the game with 10 points and nine rebounds. In a game against the Denver Nuggets that went into overtime on March 18, 2022, he scored a season-high 31 points, had ten rebounds, and four steals, leading the Nuggets to a 119–116 victory.
- Markkanen set a new career scoring high on January 5, 2023, when he defeated the Houston Rockets by a score of 131–114 and contributed 49 points and eight rebounds to the victory.
- Markkanen was selected to participate in the NBA All-Star Game for the first time ever on February 2nd, as a reserve player for the Western Conference. Markkanen was also the first NBA All-Star to be born in a Nordic country, making him a historic achievement.
- As a consequence of injuries sustained by Stephen Curry and Zion Williamson, it was revealed on February 10 that Markkanen will be starting in the All-Star game as a replacement for one of those players.
- Markkanen led the Chicago Bulls to a victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder by scoring 18 of his team’s 43 points in the fourth quarter of their game on February 23 and grabbing 10 rebounds in overtime.
- Markkanen triumphed over Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jalen Brunson to take home the award for Most Improved Player in the NBA for the 2022–2023 season on April 24, 2023.
View this post on Instagram
Lauri Markkanen Social Media Accounts
Lauri Markkanen Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$10 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Lauri Markkanen Cars Collection:
- Mercedes Benz GLE
- Mercedes Benz EQS