Lewis Hamilton – Biography
Lewis Hamilton – Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton is a British racing driver who currently competes in Formula One for Mercedes. Hamilton was born on January 7, 1985, and holds the titles of MBE, HonFREng, and MBE. In Formula One, Lewis Hamilton owns a number of records, including the record for the most victories (103), the mark for the most pole positions (104), and the record for the most podium places (197). Hamilton has won a record-tying seven World Drivers’ Championship championships, which he shares with Michael Schumacher.
Hamilton was born and reared in Stevenage, which is located in the county of Hertfordshire, before enrolling in the McLaren Young Driver Programme in the year 1998. As a result, McLaren offered him a Formula One driving position in 2007, and he became the first black driver to compete in the sport during that time.
Lewis Hamilton – Biography & Personal Details
|Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
|Billion Dollar Man, LuLu
|Date Of Birth
|7 January 1985
|Stevenage, United Kingdom/
|38 years old (As 2023)
|The St John Henry Newman School
|Cambridge College of Art and Sciences
|Skiing, Playing Board Games, Watching Moveis
|His debut with Manor in the 2004 Formula 3 Euro Series
|Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
|Laureus World Sports Award for Breakthrough of the Year (2008)
Sportsman of the Year (2020)
Athlete Advocate of the Year (2021)
Best Driver ESPY Award (2021)
Lewis Hamilton – Family, Relationship and Afair
On the 7th of January 1985, Hamilton was born in Stevenage, which is located in Hertfordshire.
His father, Anthony Hamilton, is black and is of Grenadian heritage, and his mother, Carmen Larbalestier, is white British and from Birmingham; this makes him a mixed-race individual; Hamilton has identified as being black.
Family & Marital Status
Sister-Nicola Lockhart, Samantha Lockhart
Danielle Lloyd (Ex-Gf)
Rita Ora (Ex-Gf)
Barbara Palvin (Ex-Gf)
Winnie Harlow (Ex-Gf)
Sofia Richie (Ex-Gf)
Nicole Scherzinger (Ex-Gf)
|In Centimeters –174 cm
In Meters-1.74 m
In Feet and Inches –5’8″
|In Kg –74 kg
In Pounds –163 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-42 inches
Waist Size-36 inches
Biceps Size-14 inches
Lewis Hamilton Junior Racing Career
- In 1993, Hamilton started competing in karting and almost immediately started winning races and cadet class titles. At the age of 10, he broke the record for being the youngest driver to win the British cadet karting championship. This achievement came about two years later.
- At the Autosport Awards that year, Lewis Hamilton went up to McLaren Formula One team chief Ron Dennis and asked for an autograph. Hamilton stated to Dennis, “Hi. Hello, my name is Lewis Hamilton. I’m the reigning British Champion, and someday I hope to be driving against you in your automobiles.
- Hamilton maintained his rise through the ranks, winning the Intercontinental A (1999), Formula A (2000), and Formula Super A (2001) championships. In addition, he won the European Championship in 2000 with a perfect score.
- Nico Rosberg, who would later drive for the Williams and Mercedes teams in Formula One, was his teammate when he raced in Formula A and Formula Super A for TeamMBM.com. They would subsequently join up again for Mercedes from 2013 to 2016, having previously raced together for the company from 2013 to 2016.
- In the 2001 British Formula Renault Winter Series, Hamilton competed for the first time and finished in fifth place overall. This race marked the beginning of his career in auto racing. Because of this, he was given the opportunity to compete in the full 2002 Formula Renault UK season with Manor Motorsport, where he finished sixth overall.
- Late in 2004, Hamilton participated in his first McLaren test session at Silverstone. During the 2005 season, Hamilton made the transfer to the defending winners of the Euro Series, ASM, and proceeded to completely dominate the tournament by winning 15 of the 20 rounds.
Formula One Career
- In Hamilton’s debut year in Formula One, the Spaniard Fernando Alonso served as his teammate. Alonso was the reigning world champion at the time. Hamilton is the first black driver to compete in the series, and he will continue to be the only one until 2023.
- After finishing on the podium in his first race, Lewis Hamilton went on to set several records on his way to finishing as the runner-up in the 2007 World Drivers’ Championship to Kimi Raikkonen by one point.
- These records include the most consecutive podium finishes from debut (nine), the joint most wins in a debut season (four), and the most points in a debut season (109). Hamilton finished second to Kimi Raikkonen in the 2007 World Drivers’ Championship.
- In 2008, Hamilton continued his run of dominance by claiming five victories and finishing in the top three ten times. As the final race of the year took place in Brazil, the championship race narrowed down to a straightforward two-horse race between the Brazilian favorite Felipe Massa and the young British driver.
- Nico Rosberg was Hamilton’s childhood teammate in karting, and when Hamilton signed with Mercedes in 2013, he was reunited with Rosberg. Pundits and the general public reacted with astonishment to the news of the move, with some seeing it as a gamble because Mercedes is a team that has not had much success in recent years.
- In his first season with the Silver Arrows, Lewis Hamilton won one race, the Hungarian Grand Prix. There, he turned an unexpected pole position into a winning margin of nearly 11 seconds ahead of second-place finisher Kimi Raikkonen. This was Hamilton’s only victory in his first year with the Silver Arrows.
- Early on in the 2021 season, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen of Red Bull emerged as front-runners for the championship.
- Throughout the course of the season, the two drivers battled it out on the track, regularly colliding with one another and occasionally working together to win the championship. Going into the last race in Abu Dhabi, they were tied for the lead in points.
- At the 2023 Hungarian Grand Prix, Hamilton won his 104th pole position, which was also his first since 2021. He qualified 0.003 seconds faster than Verstappen, giving him the advantage.
- On August 31, 2023, one day before the first practice session for the 2023 Italian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton signed a two-year contract with Mercedes to continue with the team through the 2025 racing season.
- In addition, George Russell signed a contract extension for another two years, keeping Mercedes’ driver pairing intact.
- At the 2023 Singapore Grand Prix, Hamilton qualified in fifth place, but he would end up finishing the race in third place after inheriting the spot that Russell had lost after he crashed out of third place on the final lap.
View this post on Instagram
Lewis Hamilton Social Media Accounts
Lewis Hamilton Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$285 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Lewis Hamilton Cars Collection:
- Mini Cooper S
- Mercedes Benz Maybach X31967
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
- Mercedes-AMG G63 6X6
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
- Shelby Cobra 427
- Ferrari 599 SA Aperta
- McLaren P1
- Mercedes-AMG One
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta
- Pagani Zonda 760LH
Mercedes AMG Petronas F1