Mason Greenwood – Biography
Mason Will John Greenwood is a professional footballer from England who now plays as a forward for Getafe, a Premier League team, while he is on loan from Manchester United, a club from the Premier League. Greenwood was born on October 1, 2001. A product of United’s youth program, Greenwood became the club’s youngest ever goalscorer in European competition when he scored in a match against Astana in September 2019.
At the age of 17 years and 353 days, Greenwood became the youngest player in United’s history to score in a European game. In September of 2020, he made his debut for England in the senior international competition, which was a match against Iceland in the UEFA Nations League.
Mason Greenwood – Biography & Personal Details
|Mason Will John Greenwood
|Date Of Birth
|1 October 2001
|Wibsey, Bradford, United Kingdom/
Bradford, West Yorkshire
|22 years old (As 2023)
|Mersey High School
|Playing video games, Listening Music, Travelling
|5 September in a 1–0 away win over Iceland in a 2020–21 UEFA Nations League A match
Premier League 2 Player of the Month: April 2019.
Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year: 2018–19.
IFFHS Men’s Youth (U20) World Team: 2021.
Mason Greenwood – Family, Relationship and Afair
Greenwood was born in Bradford, which is located in West Yorkshire, and he spent his childhood in the Wibsey neighborhood of town.His ancestry can be traced back to Jamaica.
The members of his family have a history of participating in athletics; his sister, Ashton, is a track athlete. In July of 2023, Greenwood disclosed that he had become a parent by virtue of the fact that he had conceived a child with his lady love.
Family & Marital Status
|In Centimeters –181 cm
In Meters-1.81 m
In Feet and Inches –5′ 11″
|In Kg –70 kg
In Pounds –154 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-40 inches
Waist Size-32 inches
Biceps Size-14 inches
Mason Greenwood Club Career
- At the age of six, Greenwood became a member of Manchester United and began his career by participating in the club’s development school in Halifax.
- After advancing through the ranks of the academy, he joined the Under-18 squad for the 2017–18 season, despite the fact that he was eligible to play for the Under-16s. He ended up being the top scorer in the U18 Premier League North with 17 goals scored in 21 games.
- During the preseason tour of the United States that took place in July 2018, Greenwood was a member of the first team and traveled with them.
- On July 20, he made his debut in a non-competitive appearance as a replacement in the 76th minute of a match against Club América, which ended in a 1–1 tie. Greenwood began his professional career with the club on October 2nd, when he signed his first contracts.
- At the age of 17 years and 353 days, Greenwood became the youngest ever goalscorer in European competition for United. His first goal came in the Europa League opening against Astana, which took place on September 19.
- Greenwood scored the only goal of the game, making him the youngest player in United’s history to score a goal in a European competition.
- His goal, which he scored in United’s 3–0 victory over Partizan Belgrade on November 7th, was the decisive factor that allowed them to advance to the knockout stages of the competition.
- In a match against Sheffield United that ended in a 3–3 tie on November 24th, Greenwood scored his first goal in the league.
- In the fourth round of the FA Cup, which took place on January 24, 2021, Greenwood scored his first goal of the season after a 3–2 victory at home against Liverpool, the team’s bitter rivals.
- He participated in the entire 90 minutes of the home victory over Southampton on February 2, which set a new record for the Premier League with a score of 9–0.
- Two weeks later, he extended his contract to June 2025 with the option of an additional year. On April 4, following a goal drought in the league that lasted for four months, he scored the game-winning goal against Brighton & Hove Albion, which resulted in a 2–1 victory for his team at home.
- Following the conclusion of an inquiry into the charges that led to Greenwood’s detention in 2022, Manchester United made a public announcement on August 16, 2023, stating that the club was in the “final stages” of contemplating Greenwood’s future with the club.
- On August 21, 2023, United made the announcement that Greenwood would be departing the club. The statement that accompanied the announcement was that “we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.”
- Despite the fact that Greenwood “made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for” and that there are “difficulties with him recommencing his career” with United, the investigation result was that “the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offenses in respect to which he was initially charged.” United stated that this was the conclusion reached after the investigation.
- Greenwood entered into a loan agreement with Getafe, a club in the La Liga, on September 1, 2023, for the 2023–24 season. On the 17th of September, he made his debut in a league match against Osasuna, which they won 3–2.
View this post on Instagram
Mason Greenwood Social Media Accounts
Mason Greenwood Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$2 million in 2024
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Mason Greenwood Cars Collection:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz AMG C63S Coupe