Shawn Levy – Biography
Shawn Levy – Shawn Adam Levy is a Canadian film director, film producer, screenwriter, actor, and creator of 21 Laps Entertainment. He was born on July 23, 1968, and his full name is Shawn Adam Levy. He is arguably best known as the director of the Night at the Museum film franchise and the lead producer of the Netflix series Stranger Things. However, he has worked in a variety of genres during his career.
In the early part of his career, Levy worked as a filmmaker for television. In the 2000s, he became known for directing comedic films such as Big Fat Liar and Just Married. Subsequently, he directed film franchises such as Cheaper by the Dozen, The Pink Panther, and Night at the Museum.
Shawn Levy – Biography & Personal Details
|Shawn Adam Levy
|Date Of Birth
|23 July 1968
|55 years old (As 2023)
|Roslyn Elementary School,
St. George’s School of Montreal,
USC School of Cinematic Arts
|Timothy Dwight College,
|Books Reading, Playing Board Games and Travelling
|Film director, Actor
|As a Director-Release Big Fat Liar 2002
|Norman Felton Award (2017),
Gemini Award for Best Children’s or Youth Fiction Program or Series (2002),
Outstanding Drama Series(2020)
The Adam Project,
This is Where i Leave You
Shawn Levy – Family, Relationship and Afair
In Montreal, Quebec, Levy was one of three children born to a Jewish family, along with his siblings Rob and Debby. When he was a teenager, he received his training at the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center in the Catskills, which is located in New York. He attended St. George’s High School in Montreal.
Together, Levy and his wife Sera Levy have raised four daughters as a blended family. In 2008, he was naturalized as a citizen of the United States.
The Levy family relocated to Manhattan in the early 2020s, after spending a significant number of years residing in Los Angeles.
Family & Marital Status
|Brother-Rob and Debby
|Daughter-Sophie Levy, Tess Levy, Charlie Levy, Colette Levy
|In Centimeters –180 cm
In Meters-1.80 m
In Feet and Inches –5′ 11″
|In Kg –75 Kg
In Pounds –165 lbs
Shawn Levy – Career
- In the middle of the 1980s and continuing through the 1990s, Levy was working for his undergraduate and doctoral degrees at the same time he launched his professional career. While he was still in school for the performing arts, he had his acting debut in the low-budget horror film Zombie Nightmare (1987).
- In this film, he played the role of Jim Bratten, the leader of a bunch of youngsters, and it was his first role. The appearance of the film on an episode of “Mystery Science Theater 3000” is mostly responsible for the majority of its notoriety. In addition, he had a role in the movie Liberace: Behind the Music, which came out in 1988.
- 1997 marked the year that he made his debut as a director of feature pictures with the family comedies Address Unknown and Just in Time. This was followed by the teen comedy film Big Fat Liar in 2002, which was his first film to be released in theaters, and the romantic comedy film Just Married in 2003, which grossed more than $100 million at the box office.
- Following in the footsteps of David O. Russell and Neil Burger, it was recently revealed that he will be directing the movie version of the Uncharted video game series. Joe Carnahan and Levy collaborated on the production of the film’s script, however Levy resigned from his role on the movie on December 19, 2018.
- In December of 2017, Netflix made the announcement that it has entered into a four-year partnership with Levy. He will only produce television shows for the streaming entertainment company in the future as a result of the success of previous seasons of the Stranger Things series.
- Under the umbrella of 21 Laps Entertainment and in collaboration with James Wan’s Atomic Monster studio, Levy produced the cinematic version of the slasher novel There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins in 2021 for the streaming service Netflix.
- It was revealed in February 2022 that Levy will be directing Backwards for Netflix. It was revealed in March 2022 that Levy would be directing Deadpool 3 for Marvel Studios.
- After finishing his work on Deadpool 3 and the fifth and final season of Stranger Things in November 2022, Levy began negotiations with Lucasfilm to direct a Star Wars movie. This came after he had completed his work on both of those projects.
- At the inaugural ceremony of the TIFF Tribute Awards in 2023, it was announced that Levy would be the first person to receive the Norman Jewison Award for career achievement.
View this post on Instagram
Shawn Levy Social Media Accounts
Shawn Levy Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$60 million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Shawn Levy Cars Collection:
- Not Known
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
9601 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210-5213