Toby Keith Biography
Toby Keith – Toby Keith Covel, who was born on July 8, 1961 and is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer. Before he left Mercury Records in 1998, he released his first four studio albums for the label, which included 1993’s Toby Keith, 1994’s Boomtown, 1996’s Blue Moon, and 1997’s Dream Walkin’, in addition to a compilation of his greatest hits.
Toby Keith’s Greatest Hits was published in 1997. These albums all received a Gold certification or higher and spawned multiple singles that landed in the Top Ten, including his first hit “Should’ve Been a Cowboy,” which topped the country charts and was the most played country song of the 1990s.
All of these albums gained a certification of Gold or higher. According to Broadcast Music Incorporated, the song has been played for a total of three million times since it was first made available.
Toby Keith Biography & Personal Details
|Toby Keith Covel
|Big Dog Daddy
|Date Of Birth
|8 July 1961
|5 February 2024 (age 62 years)
|Reason of Death
|Clinton, Oklahoma, United States/
|62 years old (As 2023)
|Highland West Junior High,
Moore High School
|Trevelling, Reading and Watching TV Show
Toby Keith Family, Relationship and Afair
In the city of Clinton, Oklahoma, Keith was born to his parents, Carolyn Joan, and Hubert K. Covel Jr. Both a sister and a brother are a part of his family.
When Keith was still a small child, his family relocated from Fort Smith, Arkansas, where they had been living for a few years when he was attending elementary school, to Moore, Oklahoma, which is a suburb of Oklahoma City.
In a ceremony held on March 24, 1984, Keith wed Tricia Lucus.
He is the father of three children: two girls, Shelley Covel Rowland and Krystal “Krystal Keith” LaDawn Covel Sandubrae (born September 30, 1985; signed a contract with Show Dog-Universal in 2013), and one son, Stelen Keith Covel. Shelley was adopted by Keith in 1984, and Krystal was born in 1985. In addition, he is the grandfather of four children.
Family & Marital Status
|Mother-Carolyn Joan Covel
Father-Hubert Keith Covel
|In Centimeters –190 cm
In Meters-1.90 m
In Feet and Inches –6′ 3″
|In Kg –95 kg
In Pounds –209.5 lbs
Toby Keith Career
- In the early 1990s, Keith traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, where he stayed at a location called Houndogs and hung out on Music Row, where he also performed busking. He handed out copies of a demo tape that the band had created to all of the various record labels that were located in the city.
- Keith felt like he had failed in life when he got back to his house because none of the record labels were interested in his music. He had made a pact with himself that he would either sign a recording contract by the time he turned 30, or he would give up on pursuing a career in music.
- Harold Shedd, an executive for Mercury Records, was a passenger on a trip that was being worked by a flight attendant, and while he was on the flight, the flight attendant gave Harold Shedd a copy of Keith’s demo tape. Shedd was impressed by what he heard, so he went to a live performance by Keith to check him out before offering him a recording contract with Mercury.
- After that, Keith secured a contract with the Nashville subsidiary of A&M Records, which did not survive long enough to record his third album, titled Blue Moon. This album was certified platinum and spawned three singles, all of which were successful.
- In 1999, Keith made the move to the Nashville division of DreamWorks Records, where Stroud was serving as president at the time. His debut single with the label was titled “When Love Fades,” which was equally unsuccessful in breaking into the top 40.
- Keith established a new record label under the name Show Dog Nashville on August 31, 2005. It all began with the release of his album “White Trash with Money” in 2006, which was then followed by the music to the film “Broken Bridges.”
- This compilation album, titled The Bus Songs, was released by Keith in September of 2017. This album features a total of twelve songs, two of which are brand new, five of which have been re-recorded, and five of which were previously released.
- In 2021, Keith appeared as a guest vocalist alongside Hardy on the track “The Worst Country Song of All Time” recorded by Brantley Gilbert.
View this post on Instagram
Toby Keith Social Media Accounts
Toby Keith Net Worth:
Toby Keith net worth is (Approx) $365 Million dollars. And is monthly salary $2.5 Million & Yearly Salary $22,000,000.00.
Toby Keith Cars Collection:
- 1963 Chevy Impala
- Mercedes-Benz GLS-450
- Ford F150 Harley Davidson
- Ford F150 Raptor
- Lincoln Navigator
- Lincoln Blackwood
- Ford Mustang GT500
- Ford Expedition limousine
- 1969 Mach 1 Ford Mustang
- Lincoln Model L
Belmar Golf Club
1025 E Indian Hills Rd
Norman, OK 73071-7944