Tony Bellew – Biography
Tony Bellew – Anthony Lewis Bellew is a former professional boxer from England who competed from 2007 to 2018. Since then, he has worked as a boxing analyst and commentator. Bellew was born on November 30, 1982. His reign as the cruiserweight champion of the World Boxing Council lasted from 2016 to 2017, and in 2018, he made a bid for the title of undisputed cruiserweight champion.
The British and Commonwealth light-heavyweight titles were held by him between the years of 2010 and 2014, while the European cruiserweight title was held by him between the years of 2015 and 2016. Additionally, he is a three-time ABA heavyweight champion under the amateur division. In the movie Creed and Creed III, he played the role of Ricky Conlan, a boxer who had a negative attitude.
Tony Bellew – Biography & Personal Details
|Anthony Lewis Bellew
|Date Of Birth
|30 November 1982
|Liverpool, United Kingdom/
Toxteth area of Liverpool
|41 years old (As 2023)
|Listening Music, Travelling, Horse Riding, Cycling and Workout
|Professional Boxer, Actor
|6 October 2007, against journeyman Jamie Ambler
|Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Light Heavyweight
|74 in (188 cm)
|Wins by KO
Tony Bellew – Family, Relationship and Afair
A black mother and a white father gave birth to Bellew on November 30th, 1982, in the Toxteth neighborhood of Liverpool. Bellew is the son of his parents.
Everton Football Club, the football team that Bellew calls his hometown, has been paraded on the pitch at Goodison Park during a home game at halftime. Bellew is a devoted fan of the squad.
Family & Marital Status
|Son-Corey Bellew, Cobey, Carter
|In Centimeters –191 cm
In Meters-1.91 m
In Feet and Inches –6′ 3″
|In Kg –97 kg
In Pounds –214 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)
|Chest Size-43 inches
Waist Size-36 inches
Biceps Size-16 inches
Tony Bellew Career
- The journeyman Jamie Ambler was the opponent for Bellew’s first professional boxing match, which he won by technical knockout in the second round (7 October 2007).
- After that, he went on to win other fights in 2007, including one against Adam Wilcox at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and another against Wayne Brooks at the Bolton Arena.
- By virtue of his victories over Paul Bonson, Ayitey Powers, Hastings Rasani, Jevgēņijs Andrejevs, and Phil Goodwin in 2008, Bellew was able to achieve an impressive record of 8–0.
- On May 18, 2011, it was revealed that Bellew will be challenging Nathan Cleverly for the WBO light-heavyweight title. This announcement came after Cleverly’s initial opponent, Jurgen Brahmer, withdrew from the fight.
- The bout was set to take place on May 21, 2011, only three days later. Bellew, on the other hand, was unable to make the weight, and Aleksy Kuziemski was chosen to take his place.
- The rematch between Bellew and Nathan Cleverly took place on November 22, 2014, and this time the two fighters competed at the cruiserweight division.
- An elimination bout for the WBO cruiserweight championship was also held at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, where the fight took place. It was Marco Huck who was in possession of the title at the moment. After twelve rounds of competition, Bellew emerged victorious by way of a split decision (SD).
- Bellew will compete against Mateusz Masternak, a highly ranked contender and past world championship challenger, for the vacant European cruiserweight title, according to Sky Sports, which confirmed the match on November 29, 2015.
- Masternak has a record of 36–3 with 26 knockouts. A bout between Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte was scheduled to take place on the undercard of the event, which took place on December 12 at the O2 Arena in London.
- After suffering a loss to Usyk, Bellew made the announcement that he would be retiring from the ring. When he resigned, he had a record of thirty victories from thirty-four professional bouts, twenty of which were won within the distance.
- He had three defeats and one draw to his name. Each of the three defeats occurred at the hands of the current world champions. As part of the press conference that took place after the bout, Bellew made the following statement: “It’s definitely over now, you won’t see me in a boxing ring again.” I just want to live a regular life; I don’t want to be under this kind of load.
- Additionally, Tony was a contestant in the Channel 4 show SAS: Who Dares Wins in the year 2020. Tony Bellew became a member of the commentary crew for DAZN in the United Kingdom in 2021, and he contributed to the company’s coverage and scheduling of boxing in the United Kingdom.
- In the year 2023, Bellew participated in the 23rd season of the reality television show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, reaching the position of runner-up in the competition.
View this post on Instagram
Tony Bellew Social Media Accounts
Tony Bellew Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Tony Bellew Cars Collection:
- BMW X7