Yordan Álvarez Biography
Yordan Álvarez – Yordan Ruben Alvarez is a Cuban professional baseball designated hitter and left fielder for the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball. Alvarez was born on June 27, 1997, and currently plays for the Houston Astros. In 2019, he debuted in Major League Baseball with the Astros. Alvarez, who bats left-handed and throws right-handed, has the nick name “Air Yordan” and measures 6 feet 5 inches tall.
Before beginning his career in the United States, Alvarez spent two seasons playing for Las Tunas in the Cuban National Series. In 2016, he fled Cuba with the intention of establishing residency in Haiti, and it was there that he made his initial signing as an international free agent with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Yordan Álvarez Biography & Personal Details
|Yordan Ruben Alvarez
|Date Of Birth
|27 June 1997
|Las Tunas, Cuba
|26 years old (As 2023)
|Local High School
|Cooking, Cycling and Watching Movies
|9 June 2019
|#44 (Houston Astros / Left fielder)
|Buies Creek Astros
Yordan Álvarez Family, Relationship and Afair
Agustin Eduardo Alvarez Salazar and Mailyn Cadogan Reyes are lvarez’s parents. lvarez was named after his father. Yonder Alvarez Cadogan is his brother, and they both have the same father.
After he had left Cuba, his family witnessed him play for the first time in a professional setting for the first time on August 23, 2022, while he was competing against the Minnesota Twins at Minute Maid Park.
Family & Marital Status
|Mother-Mailyn Cadogan Reyes
Father-Agustín Eduardo Álvarez Salazar
|Brother-Yonder Álvarez Cadogan
|In Centimeters –196 cm
In Meters-1.96 m
In Feet and Inches –6’5″
|In Kg –102 kg
In Pounds –225 lbs
Yordan Álvarez Career
- Yordan Alvarez was a member of the Leadores de Las Tunas team that competed in the Cuban National Series (CNS) for two seasons. Over the course of his second season, 2014–15, he played in 40 games and had 125 at-bats for the Leadores.
- He had a batting average of.351, which was enough for second place on the team, and he hit one double and one home run.
- In August of 2016, the Dodgers made a deal with the Astros to acquire Josh Fields in exchange for Alvarez. This was done before Fields had ever appeared in a single game at any level below the majors.
- lvarez began the 2017 season with the Quad Cities River Bandits, but he was eventually moved up to the Buies Creek Astros midway through the season.
- Between his time with the River Bandits and the Astros, he played in a total of 90 games and had 335 at-bats, batting.304/.379/.481 with 12 home runs and 69 RBIs. He was a participant in the All-Star Futures Game in 2017.
- In the afternoon of June 9, 2019, the Houston Astros picked the contract of lvarez and promoted him to the major leagues so that he could make his debut against the Baltimore Orioles. In his first game, he went one for three with a home run that drove in two runs.
- Alvarez hit another home run in the game that followed, this time against Matt Albers, who was playing for the Milwaukee Brewers. He established a new record by being the first Astro to hit a home run in each of his first two games.
- In his 114th career game, which took place on May 7, 2021, Alvarez drove in his 100th run, which was a part of a victory over the Toronto Blue Jays by a score of 10-4. He did so in the seventh-fastest time in league history and in the quickest time since expansion began in 1961. He was the seventh-fastest player to achieve 100 RBIs overall.
- On April 3, 2023, lvarez hit his 100th career home run during a game against the Detroit Tigers. This achievement set a franchise record for achieving 100 home runs in the fewest games and was the fifth-fastest in the history of the big leagues.
View this post on Instagram
Yordan Álvarez Social Media Accounts
Yordan Álvarez Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Yordan Álvarez Cars Collection:
- Not Known