Zach Edey – Biography
Zach Edey – Zach Edey is a Canadian collegiate basketball player who was born on May 14, 2002. He currently competes for the Purdue Boilermakers of the Big Ten Conference. According to his official height, which is reported to be 7 feet 4 inches (2.24 meters), he holds the record for being the tallest player in Big Ten history.
At the end of the 2023 season, Edey was honored as the Player of the Year for both the Big Ten and the National Player of the Year by a consensus of voters.
Zach Edey – Biography & Personal Details
|THE BIG MAPLE
|Date Of Birth
|14 May 2002
|21 years old (As 2023)
|Leaside High School,
|Purdue University in the NCAA
|Collecting Sports Memorabilia, Online Sports Betting, Playing Sports Video Games, Working Out
|Purdue Boilermakers men’s basketball
Zach Edey – Family, Relationship and Afair
Zach Edey was born in Toronto on May 14, 2002. He is the son of parents Julia and Glen Edey.
Edey spent his childhood playing ice hockey and baseball, two sports that his father also participated in throughout his youth. Edey started playing basketball with the Northern Kings Amateur Athletic Union program when he was a student at Leaside High School in Toronto. The program is affiliated with the Northern Kings AAU.
Family & Marital Status
|In Centimeters –224 cm
In Meters-2.24 m
In Feet and Inches –7’4″
|In Kg –138 kg
In Pounds –305 lbs
Zach Edey College Career
- Edey’s stated height of 7 feet, 4 inches (2.24 meters) during his first year at Purdue made him the tallest player in the history of the Big Ten Conference. In a game that they won 73–69 against Wisconsin on March 2, 2021, he came off the bench and recorded a season-high 21 points while also grabbing seven rebounds.
- He was named to the Big Ten All-Freshman Team after posting averages of 8.7 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks in just 14 minutes of playing time per game while splitting time at center with fellow teammate Trevion Williams.
- Edey achieved two milestones on the same day, December 17, 2022: he became the 55th player in Purdue’s history to score 1,000 career points, and he also became the 11th player in Purdue’s history to record 100 career blocks.
- Edey got the Big Ten Player of the Week award six times during the 2022–2023 season, which tied the school record for most accolades in a single season (Caleb Swanigan, 2016–17) and moved Edey into second place all-time in men’s basketball in the Big Ten (Evan Turner, 2009–10).
- Edey was honored with the Player of the Year award from the Big Ten Conference and the National Player of the Year award from Sporting News at the conclusion of the season. In addition to that, everyone agreed to put him on the first team of the All-American consensus.
- Edey made the decision to forego his eligibility for the 2023 NBA draft and instead return to Purdue for his final year of eligibility on May 31, 2023.
National Team Career
- At the FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup in 2021, which was held in Latvia, Edey competed for Canada. He led his side to the bronze medal game and was nominated to the all-tournament team thanks to his performance of 15.1 points, a tournament-high 14.1 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game on average.
- Edey signed a contract to play for Canada’s senior men’s national team on May 24, 2022, committing himself to the squad for the next three years.
- Edey is the only player on the team who is currently enrolled in college and was chosen by coach Jordi Fernández to participate in the 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup. On September 3, they earned a spot in the quarterfinals, which guaranteed them a spot for Team Canada in the 2024 Summer Olympics.
- This will be the first time Team Canada has competed in the Olympics since the year 2000. In the game for third place, Canada triumphed against the United States to take home the bronze medal.
- This was Canada’s first-ever medal at the World Cup, and it was also the country’s first medal at a major worldwide tournament since the Summer Olympics of 1936.
View this post on Instagram
Zach Edey Social Media Accounts
Zach Edey Net Worth:
|Net Worth (Approx.)
|$1 Million in 2023
|Monthly Income and Salary
|Yearly Income and Salary
Zach Edey Cars Collection:
- Not Known